Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Travel Woes

Over Easter weekend, my husband and I flew with our son down to Philly to see my husband's mother for the holidays. Flying was a lot easier than driving, and nearly as cheap due to the ridiculously low fares that they have on Southwest. We had a lovely stay, and it was great to see our son interact with his Grams. The trip home wasn't as lovely, because my husband read the itinerary incorrectly, we missed our return flight. In fact, we arrived at the airport just as our flight was departing. Unfortunately, the next flight wasn't for six hours, so we got to spend some quality time in the Philadelphia airport.

Last weekend we were in Philadelphia again, our son got to visit with his Grams and my husband and I got to go to the Phillies/Red Sox game on Saturday. This time I was the one responsible for getting us to the aiport on time, and wouldn't you know it, I read the itinerary incorrectly and we arrived at the airport after our scheduled flight departed. Doh! Our son and I ended up flying stand-by on a flight two hours later, and my husband flew stand-by on a flight three hours from then. Apparently my husband's flight was full of a bunch of partiers who had been drinking extensively prior to their flight, and on their descent, one of the partiers had had too much and ended up throwing up all over his seatmates. Boy am I glad that I was not on that flight! My husband was less than thrilled with this occurrence, the person who threw up was directly in front of him. He was probably irate at my mistake, but didn't take it out on me, since he had just done the same thing the month before. Nevertheless, I felt quite badly.

While we were sitting in the airport waiting for our flights, my husband called his mother to tell her that we had made the same mistake for the second time in as many months and she said "Well, she's pregnant so you can blame the hormones, what was your excuse?" Go Grams!

No comments: