Monday, June 26, 2006

Ikea

I have a new favorite store - it's Ikea! I have actually been in these stores before, but I never really appreciated what they had to offer until last week. I have been looking for a dresser for my son's room for a while. I didn't want to spend a lot of money for it, but I didn't want a really cheap fiberboard piece of furniture either. After several online searches and trips to local furniture stores (bargain and otherwise), I realized that I wasn't going to find anything that fit my expectations for under $200. That is, until I went to Ikea last week.

My son and I went shopping, which is usually a recipe for disaster, because kids and furniture shopping don't mix very well. A 19-month old doesn't really have the patience for walking around and looking at boring furniture. The great thing about Ikea is that they encourage touching of their furniture, and each room that we went into had some sort of child-friendly activity or attraction. Especially in the children's furniture department, they had a whole room with things that the kids could play with. So, I had the opportunity to take my time and look at the dressers that they had available and pick out something that was pretty good quality and yet still affordable. BONUS!

Here's what I got, and I spent just over $100. It's perfect for our son's new bedroom, and it didn't break the bank!

The dresser:



The hamper:


The bonus kids table:

I also got a set of dividers for the top drawer of the dresser, and a set of plastic kid's cups for our son to graduate from his sippy cups with.

Grand total? $100.22 Woo-hoo!

As an aside, because I saved so much on the dresser, I splurged and bought some novelty drawer pulls to exchange for the ones that came standard. They're from a website called www.coolknobsandpulls.com.

No comments: