Monday, July 03, 2006

My 15 Minutes of Not-So-Much Fame

There's a radio station in the Boston area called Mike FM, that is relatively new here. It's one of those open format, no DJ's, "we play anything" kind of stations; I really like it. Anyway, they have this gimmick where you can go on the internet and request your two favorite songs. If they can play them, they'll call you up and record you introducing them. It's called "Mike on Demand".

Well, apparently they don't play "anything" because they didn't have the two songs I requested. But, as a little consolation prize, they called me tonight and asked me if I wanted to record a promo for them to play tomorrow. They're going on the air commercial-free for the 4th of July, and they wanted people to make a big deal out of it. So I made something up that they recorded over the phone (and they're going to splice the heck out of it because I made a bunch of mistakes). It's going to play sometime during the 11am hour tomorrow!

So, if you're in the Boston area, tune in and listen for my loverly voice on the air! If you're not in the area, I am pretty sure it's streaming online. It's only going to be a few seconds so probably not worth going out of your way to listen (especially since they couldn't say when in the hour it was going to play), but it's fun for me nonetheless!

1 comment:

Chia said...

To those of you who may have actually tuned in to the radio during the 11 o'clock hour, I really have no idea if it played, because we were nowhere near a radio! We went to the 4th of July parade with our son, and what a surprise when at 2:20pm, on our way home, we heard the recording! It was fun to hear myself on the radio... So, I don't know if it played twice that day, once at 11-something and once at 2-something, or that they just didn't play it until later. Oh well...it was nice to hear some commercial-free music that day, wasn't it?