Friday, July 21, 2006

Number Games

There are some strange number associations in my family, the significance of which I am unable to ascertain (I'm open to suggestions if anyone is into numerology). There are six people in my immediate family, three of us have a birthday on the 21st of a month, two of us have a birthday on the 5th of a month, and the last has a birthday on the 16th of a month (this is 21 minus 5 if the obviousness escapes you). When my son was born, I went into labor very early (5:30) in the morning on the 20th of a month, and my father predicted that my son would hold out being born until the 21st of the month. Wouldn't you know it, he was born around 3am on the 21st. Creepy!

This baby was originally due on the 24th of August, but my due date has since been revised to the 19th of the month. So, anyone placing bets on whether I go overdue so that this baby can be born on the 21st of the month? I sincerely doubt it, but I do have to add that today is the 21st of a month, and I have been suffering from very significant baby-related pains (no, I'm not in labor). Now, I don't want to curse myself since the day is not quite over, but I have to say that more than once today I considered that these pains were leading up to an event that I wasn't sure I was prepared for (early labor), simply due to the significance of the number. Thankfully, I drank a ton of water this evening and have kept my feet up on the couch, and so far it seems like the pains are simply just baby growing pains and nothing else. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

So, here's hoping that this 21st of the month comes and goes baby-free... We'll have to see what the 21st (or 5th or 16th) of the next month brings!

No comments: